“As we rise to meet the challenges that are a natural part of living, we awaken to our many undiscovered gifts, to our inner power and our purpose.” – Susan L. Taylor
Yoga means many different things to people. To some it is about fitness and to others it is about stilling the mind. If you’ve done yoga and you’re still practicing yoga it is most likely because you felt the amazing effects of it on your mind, body, soul or all three!
We are curious; when times get tough, when you feel fragile or when you sense volatility in people or places, what do you do? Do you lean on your yoga practice? Are you likely to say “what does yoga have to do with anything?” Or are you the person that has an internal dialogue going on about whether you should or shouldn’t fit in a yoga practice that day?
A consistent yoga practice can change your life. It can hold you steady amidst chaos and help you do the internal work so that you grow exponentially in tumultuous and tranquil times. We said a yoga practice, not “doing yoga” and we said it that way intentionally because this week we are bringing in Yogrishi Vishvketu from Rishikesh, India to help students cultivate a lifelong yoga practice.
We move forward through evolution and it is our hope that however you utilize yoga will serve you for the rest of your beautiful lives! At Yoga for the Peaceful, Crested Butte we are committed to creating opportunities for you to continuously develop your yoga practice and we are really excited to be bringing Vishva-ji to Crested Butte this coming weekend! Come meet him and practice with us. You’ll be glad you gave yourself the option to do so!
Workshop Dates, Times and Details:
- Sunday, July 22nd. 7:30-9:30PM: Hatha-Raja: Discovering Harmony with the Sound of the Bees (click to learn more!)
- Monday, July 23rd. 7:00-8:30AM: Akhanda Classical Kundalini Yoga: Awaken to Your Inner Power (click to learn more!)
- You put it on your to-do list and you check it off when you walk out of the studio
- You get to yoga occasionally but not consistently
- You only practice one style of yoga because it’s the only one you like
- Your choice of yoga, includes asana (the postures/shapes) and other practices such as meditation and pranayama that are guiding you towards self-realization
- You’re cultivating a teacher-student relationship (can be an internal teacher)
- You create a sacred container for your practice, something like a home practice or committing to getting to the studio daily so that you can’t trick yourself into avoiding the practice when times are tough
- You recognize that the yoga you do on your mat is the same “yoga” we do out in the world
Well sure, but without all the judgment. A lifelong yoga practice requires commitment and like all things, when you commit yourself and your heart to something the benefits tend to be much greater. That being said, if you’re conscious of how and why you’re doing or practicing yoga, then you’re still practicing with mindfulness and that level of awareness and honesty is very admirable!
Dates: Thursday’s through July and August beginning July 19th!
Location: CB South Yoga for the Peaceful, 310 Elcho Ave
COME INDULGE IN A DELICIOUS AFTERNOON OF YOGA with Nicole Swaggerty AT OUR BEAUTIFUL STUDIO IN CB SOUTH ONLY TO FINISH UP WITH A SHORT WALK TO A GLASS OF WINE OR BUBBLY IN CB SOUTH’S PREMIER PETIT BISTRO, TASSINONG FARMS! YOGA IS FOR ALL LEVELS, MUST 21 TO PARTICIPATE AT TASSINONG FARMS!
Cost: $35/class or $180 for all 6! Includes yoga and a $15 wine Credit at Tassinong Farms (If you buy all 6 you get 6 classes and $90 to Tassinong)