We have good news! The day I was driving back from my teaching tour in Bogota, Colombia (and brief but fun family segway in Miami!) I got a call confirming our new space! We will be moving to a beautiful location at 327 Elk Ave! It is a smaller space, and will be a temporary as it is for sale, but we will definitely have a home all summer! We are very happy to have local and well loved landlords Alan and Liz Bernholtz and they are thrilled to be a part of supporting Yoga for the Peaceful to have a new home. During the past few months that we have been looking for a new space, I have learned many things:
1) Our local, visitor, and second-homeowner clientele has been very supportive and have shown us how much the studio means to them.
2) It is time we look for a permanent home and are looking for a place to purchase with the help of investors.
3) We have a wonderful staff that has been a powerful force in keeping the steady flow of teaching and good vibes going at the studio during a time of much uncertainty.
4) As much as we love our space here thats seems so perfect, learning to apply non-attachment, acceptance and faith that all things are transpiring in Divine perfect order.
5) What is most important is to keep the vision of the studio alive no matter where the building location is:
“YOGA FOR THE PEACEFUL is a green, grassroots community studio owned by Monica Mesa and Juliet Stillman. We are a Bhakti studio devoted to the teachings of Neem Karoli Baba to “Love everyone. Serve everyone. Remember God.” Our studio is dedicated to providing many different styles of yoga for all types of people. We honor all spiritual traditions and are dedicated to unity in diversity, local and global activism and providing a warm atmosphere for personal growth and healing. We offer talented and soulful teachers, inspirational workshops, local and global retreats, and a 200-Hour Prana Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training program through Shiva Rea’s Samudra Global School of Living Yoga. We have a boutique featuring unique and high quality yoga and lifestyle products from eco-conscious companies that is open before and after all classes. We are proud to be a family-owned business and are dedicated to providing YOGA FOR EVERYONE!”
Thank you to everyone for all the support during this time! Look out for work parties at the end of March and early April to get the new studio space up and running, we would love your help!
We will be running business as usual until our last day at 120 Elk Ave on April 5, and will be re-opening with a full Spring schedule at the new location on April 6!
Om Love from my heart,